Posted July 24, 2020 in Uncategorized by Marc
Black Jack Boot Company is one of our favorite companies to work with because of their exquisite hand-tooling, fresh styles, and uncompromising standards and unparalleled craftsmanship. You will not find a better made boot than a Black Jack boot. You may find more expensive boots out there, but you you simply won’t find any that are built better. We discovered that there was a demand for Black Jack last year through customer feedback, as we’ve cultivated a customer base that is looking for well made boots that you just can’t find anywhere, and we’ve been pleasantly surprised that Black Jack has had the reception among our customer base that it has. The company is owned and operated by Jerry Guerra, who gets quite a bit of help from his brothers, too. Gerry may have started Black Jack in 1996, but his experience in building handmade premium boots goes back much further, as he’s spent his whole life in the boot industry. Before starting Black Jack Boot Company, Jerry was the General Manager for another El Paso bootmaker, where his older brother Carlos was also a designer. Jerry and Carlos are joined by brothers Marc and Sergio, as well as his daughter and son-in-law. The Guerra family’s roots in the boot business go back several generations, as their father was a bootmaker in El Paso, and their grandfather also made handmade footwear, first in Leon, Mexico, and then bringing the family to El Paso. It is a tradition that continues today producing fine boots without compromise for time and only using the best material.
Black Jack is known for their Alligator and Crocodile Boots as well as their Hand Tooled collections, but we also offer Hippo and Rattlesnake Boots from Black Jack. When we rolled out our Hand Tooled Boots for Men, we’ve had so many request from Ladies that we decided we needed to offer Hand Tooled Boots for Ladies, too. The Pink Floral Hand Tooled style has been a hit.
One of the things we’ve enjoyed about working with the Guerra family is their small-business work ethic and their friendly family values. Designing boots with them is a blast. When we designed the All-American Chocolate Hornback Caimans our team had so much fun we all had to raise a glass to celebrate what we knew would be a winner. And it has, like most of our Black Jack offerings.
We hope you enjoy our Black Jack collection and enter our contest for a chance to win a pair of Black Jack Boots up to $700 in value!
Introduction: Texas Boot Company is offering the Website Giveaway (“Contest”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: Entrant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of Wednesday, July 22, 2020 and a resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Employees of Texas Boot Company, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
2. Timing: Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. E.S.T. on Tuesday, July 22nd, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59p.m. E.S.T. on Friday, July 31st, 2020. The winner will be chosen and contacted on or around Monday, August 3rd, 2020.
3. How to Enter: Visit texasbootcompany.com beginning July 22nd and correctly complete the official entry form, and then submit your entry as directed (limit one  entry via an official entry form per participant).
All required information/fields must be fully, accurately and legibly completed or entry may be voided. Sponsor reserves the right to include a Contest official entry form at any additional authorized website. Contestants may enter once (1 time per person) during the Contest period. More than one (1) entry from any person or email address during the Contest period will void all entries from that person or email address.
4. Judging Criteria: Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. 1 Grand Prize winners will be randomly selected for a texasbootcompany.com Gift Card for a pair Black Jack Boots up to $700 in value. If, in its sole discretion, Sponsor does not receive a sufficient number of qualified and eligible Entries. Decisions, as determined by the Sponsor are final and binding in all respects. All results are unofficial until verified by Sponsor. The Contest will take place under the supervision of Sponsor. By entering your email address you also agree to receive a newsletter from the Texas Boot Company and special offers and promotions from texasbootcompany.com. Entrants will have the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time, immediately, once you receive your first newsletter. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO SHARE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION WITH THE SPONSOR, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final. Potential winners will be notified by email seven (7) days after the contest period closes. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the first attempt to contact said potential winner, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant as said winner from all qualifying entries received.
5. Prizes: A pair of Black Jack Boots ( up to $700 in value) on texasbootcompany.com (ARV: $700).
Total Approximate Retail Value of All Prizes: $700.00 Sponsor is not responsible for lost or mutilated prizes and none will be replaced. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsor will award a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
6. Other Terms and Conditions: All entries must be original, may not have been won previous prizes and must not infringe on any third party rights. Submission of entry constitutes entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign to Sponsor any and all rights to their entry including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights; this includes that the entry may be used in existing and future promotions by The Texas Boot Company. Potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within seven (7) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from all entries received. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non- deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified, and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner’s place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor’s authority, may use winner’s name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
7. Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of Texas Boot Company and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made via the Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Winners List: A complete list of prizewinners will be available for viewing on texasbootcompany.com by AUGUST 30th, 2020, or by sending a stamped self- addressed envelope to 733 Old Austin Hwy Bastrop, Texas 78602
9. Prize Providers: The Texas Boot Company